As I plan for the Spring season, I have taken drastic steps at NorthStar, such as:
- Step down from my role as the MARS League Administrator
- Pull out of a prominent role at Camp NorthStar
- Prayerfully plan and think through a curriculum and "theme" for NorhtStar Soccer
- Plan different ways to consistently reach current soccer kids
- Recruit both financial and volunteer support for NorthStar Soccer as a whole
It is unlike me to "back down" from something because it is more than I can handle and/or pushes me too hard. Im thankful for the strength I've been given the past few months to discern what is too much and what is not enough to find a healthy balance in work and life overall. Often, less is more, and over the past few months, I have seen the truth to this statement. This spring will hold a LOT as I move into my third season as NorthStar Soccer Club Director, co-direct the second annual 3v3 tournament, and on a personal note, plan a wedding!! It is a personal challenge to me to "Regain FOCUS" in 2011 by simplifying what is going on and move forward in a prayerful and intentional way to make the most of every opportunity while providing QUALITY soccer training and programing to the kids at NorthStar.
Pray that the Lord encourages my heart and strengthens my steps as I walk forward into the 2011 Spring Soccer season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment