I have taken on the role as "Soccer Program Director" for NorthStar Youth Ministries and have received amazing experience and exposure to life in ministry and in the non-profit realm in the two short months that I have been working here. Paul and I have been learning how to work together as the "staff of NorthStar," and I have been given full reign to go and do as the Lord leads. I am slowly realizing that "urban ministry" requires life investment, and I am more than along for this ride.
What an amazing opportunity!?! To get to call "work" eating lunch with kids one day a week at Princeton Elementary, overseeing soccer practices two nights a week, spending time with 9 & 10 year old kids Tuesday afternoons, making connections with both corporate and non-profit "professionals" in the Birmingham area, getting invited to Birmingham events just because my picture was in the paper, planning and living through a "real" Birmingham soccer tournament, taking one of my soccer players to Hotcakes at McDonalds...and the list goes on. This is life-on-life work and ministry put into one. And this is my job.
Paul has donned me "Social Media Guru," so here goes this blog...
"'It is not for your sake that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name'...says the Lord."
- Ezekiel 36:22
May He receive all glory and honor through this adventure that He has placed me on! NorthStar is growing, and so am I.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHey Val - Have loved helping at NorthStar in the short time I've been involved. Look forward to reading all the posts to come!
ReplyDelete